The chimney is located at a refinery in North Lincolnshire, United Kingdom. It has the capacity to process up to 113,000 barrels of oil a day. Zenith was awarded the contract to carry out an ‘hot camera’ survey on a 97.5m high reinforced concrete refractory lined single flue chimney.
The scope of works comprised of the following:
▪ Visual inspection of fixed ladder and platforms.
▪ Installation of vertical steeplejack ladders from 65m to the 90m level.
▪ Installation of a materials winch system and load testing.
▪ Installation of full circumferential access scaffolding positioned 7m from the summit.
▪ The rigging and load testing of a 3m cradle access system.
▪ Installation of the ‘hot camera’ davit system.
▪ Online internal inspection using remote ‘hot camera.’
▪ External inspection of concrete windshield.