Carsfad Power station was constructed circa 1935 and forms part of the Galloway Hydros scheme. The Station sits south of Carsfad Loch just off the A713 circa 3 miles north of St Johns Town of Dalry.
The site uses water from Carsfad Loch to generate electricity.
The inspection works were carried out at the following locations:
Zenith Consultants were awarded the contract, by Scottish Power, to perform civil inspections. The extent of the works included close visual inspection including rope access, dive survey and ROV inspections of the following assets, some of which are considered confined space entry.
The objective of the works was to carry out close visual inspections of the assets listed to determine their current condition and to identify any defects.
The information gained was included in reports which gave sufficient detail to confirm the condition of the asset and to allow any defect repairs to be quantified without the need for re-inspection.
Close visual inspection was taken as within touching distance. The testing criteria included such as ultrasonic testing or hammer tap surveys as specified.